About CESIF NepalWe strive for a democratic and just society
CESIF Nepal is a not-for profit, autonomous and independent private research institution serving in the public interest, with significant independence from any donor or interest group and autonomy from government.
Our mission is to help the government and the society create a democratic, secure and just society by making informed and transparent decisions about policies and practices.
The Goal Local Impact.
Research and Analysis
1. Develop expertise on the five thematic areas for the first five years.
2. Generate high quality research and analysis.
Communication and Public Engagement
1. Effectively communicate to the public and to policy-makers.
2. Engage and bring together the academic and policy-making communities, the state and civil society on public policy research, analysis and debate.
3. Carry out a flagship dialogue event every year for branding and visibility.
Collaboration and Partnership
Collaborate and partner with other think tanks in Nepal and Asia (e.g., to help communicate their research, to participate in each others’ events, or to exchange ideas or learnings).
1. Recruit or work with the sharpest and most informed minds available in Nepal and elsewhere.
2. Makes use of latest information and technology.
3. Makes use of monitoring, evaluation and learning.
Objectives A thing aimed at or sought.
Conduct research on five thematic areas.
1. Keep track of latest developments in the thematic areas by tracking media reports, government documents, and, where necessary, conducting direct interviews with experts/stakeholders and taking part in related seminars and workshops. Analyse developments on a weekly basis based on the weekly updates and timelines. Generate policy questions.
2. Select, after collective discussion, a topic for further research. Conduct a literature review and prepare a background document.
3. Collect further data and conduct interviews to prepare a policy brief, research report or a working paper.
Foster interactive and constructive dialogue between researchers, professionals, policy-makers, opinion leaders and activists.
Dialogue and Events 1. Flagship dialogue every year in collaboration with a regional partner.
2. Monthly dialogues and events series on selected topics including briefs or working papers.
Collaboration and Partnership
1. Take part in events and dialogues conducted by partner organizations. (20/year) (ii) Flagship dialogue every year in collaboration with a regional partner. (1/year)
1. Recruitment of and partnership with the best minds.
2. Make a strategy for incorporation of digital technology and data analysis techniques. (One strategy paper)
3. Self-monitoring reports. (Monthly. Listing activities and outputs achieved, with a brief mention of impact, if any.) (12/year for each staff).
The Team Our team on their mission.
Vijay Kanta Karna
Ajaya Bhadra Khanal
Chakra Bikram Bam
Phiroj Kumar Chaudhary
Library and Resource Centre Manager